How to Recover Deleted Facebook Messages
Cannot find the important Facebook messages about the business proposal from your colleague? Accidently deleted the conversion between you and your lover from the Messenger app on your iPhone? Want to restore the archived Facebook messages that were hidden after you clicked the “x” beside the conversion with a contact in the web browser on your PC?
Then, you came to the right page. In fact, deleted and archived Facebook messages can still be retrieved if you know the specific methods.
In this tutorial, 2 ways to find back lost Facebook messages will be introduced:
1. Recover deleted Facebook messages from Messenger app on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch using an iPhone Facebook message recovery tool;
2. Retrieve archived Facebook messages and make them visible.
For iPod touch, iPad and iPhone users:
How to Recover Deleted Facebook Messages of Messenger App on iPhone, iPad and iPod touchIf your use Messenger app on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to send and receive Facebook messages, you can easily recover the deleted Facebook messages on a PC or Mac with the help of the iPhone data recovery. The messages sent or received are automatically synced between the Messenger app on your iOS device and the web browser of your laptop or desktop computer. Thus, no matter on which devicec, your computer or iOS device, the deleted messages were sent, received and deleted, you can use the same tool and method to recover the deleted Facebook messages.
As we all know, it’s difficult to recover deleted data that has been overwritten by other data. Therefore, once you find that you have deleted some Facebook messages by mistake, stop using the iPhone, iPad or iPod touch at the very first time to avoid the deleted messages being overwritten by the newly-generated data. Usually, it’s suggested to turn on the Airplane Mode on your iDevice and use the device as little as possible till the deleted Facebook messages are successfully recovered.
It’s easy for you to follow the simple steps below to recover deleted Facebook messages:
1. First free download the iPhone data recovery software. After downloading, install and run the iPhone Facebook message recovery software on your computer.
2. Connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to the computer on which iPhone Facebook messages has been installed with the USB cable came in the box.
3. Switch to the tab “Recover from iOS Device” on the software.
4. When the device has been discovered by the software, click “Start Scan” to let the software analyze and scan the data on your iPhone.
If you use iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPad 1st generation or iPod touch 4, switch to the “Advanced Mode” with the blue button in the bottom right corner.
And then follow the graphic instruction on the software interface to activate the device scanning mode (DFU mode). When the device scanning mode is enabled, the software will automatically start to scan the data on the device. With the Advanced Mode, it’s easy for you to recover all the 20+ supported file types (including media files, such as photos, videos, document, voice memos, voicemails, etc.) from the device directly even if you don’t have any iCloud or iTunes backup of the device.
The time it takes to analyze and scan the data on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch depends on the quantities of the files on your device. Usually, it will takes several minutes. During the scanning, you can have a cup of coffee or take a short walk.
5. When you are back, the scan shall be complete. All the Facebook messages will be listed under the category of “Messenger” on the left sidebar. Highlight “Messenger”, you will see all the found conversions in the center. The deleted Facebook conversions will be displayed as red, and the conversions that are still on the iOS device will be black. To display the deleted messages (red ones) only, turn on the “Only display the deleted items” switch in the top center. Clicking on one conversion, you will see all the messages that you chatted with the corresponding contact on the right sidebar.
In addition, you can find the deleted pictures, videos, stickers and many more sent or received via Facebook or Messenger in the “Messenger Attachments”.
6. Select the conversions and attachments that you want to retrieve, click the blue “Recover” button in the bottom right corner, choose “Recover to Computer” in the pop-up window, set the storage path, and click “Recover”, then all the selected messages will be saved to your computer as an . html file and a .csv file, and the attachments will be kept the same as the originals on your iPhone.
It’s easy for you to share or print the Facebook messages with the output .html and .csv documents. As for the recovered photos and videos, you may need to use the iPhone PC suite to transfer them back to the iOS device.
For PC or Mac users:
How to Retrieve Deleted Facebook Messages
If you use Facebook in the web browser on your laptop or desktop computer only, the Facebook messages and conversions can be retrieved only if they are archived instead of being deleted.
If you have deleted some messages or conversions from the Facebook message inbox using the “Delete Messages...” or “Delete Conversation...” option of “Actions” menu, they are removed permanently and cannot be recovered again.
If you have archived the Facebook messages, they are just hidden from the inbox and still recoverable. However, many Facebook users tend to think that the messages have been deleted.
Here are the 2 most commonly-used ways to archive a conversion:
Please log into your Facebook account and visit https://www.facebook.com/messages/ first.
1. Click the Archive icon "x" beside the conversation you want to archive.
The messages in the conversion will disappear from the inbox. Actually, they are just archived.
1. Highlight the friend’s name of the conversion you would like to archive on the left side of the screen;
2. Select “Archive” from the “Actions” drop-down menu.
The conversion will be hidden from the inbox, and it has been successfully archived.
The following methods to retrieve the Facebook messages works only if you have archived the messages or conversions previously using the above 2 methods.
Make sure you have logged in to your Facebook account.
Start to chat with the friend that you desire to recover the Facebook messages from, then you will find that the all the archived messages appear in the chatting window.
1. Directly visit https://www.facebook.com/messages/ or click the “Messages” on the left side of your Facebook homepage;
2. On the left, from the “More” drop-down menu next to the “Other” box, select “Archived”, then all the archived Facebook messages and conversions will be displayed.
If you want to recover the archived Facebook messages to the inbox, please follow the steps in the Method 3.
1. Go to https://www.facebook.com/messages/ after logging in. Directly clicking the conversion icon in the top right-hand corner of the home page and then “See All” will lead you to the same page;
2. Choose “Archived” from the “More” drop-down menu;
3. Highlight the conversion that you wish to retrieve the Facebook messages on the left of the screen;
4. From the “Actions” menu, choose “Unarchive” in the center of the page and the archived Facebook messages will be recovered to the inbox.
Certainly, click the Unarchive icon next to the conversion will take the same effects.
Till now, you have managed to recover deleted Facebook messages and conversions on your PC or Mac.
You may also like:
- How to recover deleted text messages from iPhone
- How to recover deleted iPhone contacts
- How to recover deleted photos from iPhone
- How to retrieve deleted iMessages from iPhone & iPad
- How to restore iPhone without iTunes
- iPod, iPad & iPhone Stuck on Apple Logo (Fixed)
- iPhone recovery mode
- How to retrieve deleted texts from Android, iPhone & BlackBerry
- Video/DVD/Blu-ray Software
- PDF Tools
- Portable Solutions
- PC Utilities
- Video/DVD/Blu-ray Apps for Mac
- Mac Utilities
- How tos
- Recover Deleted Text Messages
- Retrieve Deleted Text Messages on iPhone
- Recover Deleted Photos from iPhone
- Recover iPhone Contacts
- Recover Deleted iMessages
- Recover Deleted Facebook Messages
- Restore iPhone without iTunes
- Fix iPad & iPhone Stuck on Apple Logo
- iPhone Recovery Mode
- Galaxy S3 Recovery
- Nexus 7 Recovery
- DVD to Blackberry Z10
- DVD to Nexus 7
- DVD to Nexus 10
- Video to Nexus 7
- DVD to Kindle Fire HD
- DVD to Surface
- Transfer Videos to iPhone 5
- DVD to iPhone 5
- DVD to Lumia 920 & 820
- DVD to iPad 4
- Play AVI on iPad 4
- DVD to Galaxy Note 10.1
- DVD to Galaxy Note 2
- DVD to Galaxy S3 Mini
- DVD to Sony Xperia Tablet S
- Play DVD on Wii
- DVD to DivX
- Free Resources